Hosting with AVINS
Hosting an international student can be a rewarding experience. Our homestay program are mostly for high school students from other country to USA who want to experience a different culture and pursue their education in America. During the adjusting process, our homestay support team will assist you and students every step of the way!
Our student body
80% of our host families host our students for multiple years. Our students are 90%+ from China, and the rest are from Southeast Asia, and Europe. The students mostly range in age from 14 to 19, they are from different cultures, and willing to share traditional and value with their new host family.
• Prescreening student prior to placement, to ensure high-qualified match.
• Students must understand English.
• A dedicated coordinator to assist host family with issues.
• Electronic monthly stipend to cover international student's expenses.
• Monthly communication or home visiting
What we expect from a host family
• A willingness to accept other cultures
• A willingness to accept international students to be part of your family
• Be able to provide a private bedroom for the international student
• Be able to provide daily meals and groceries for students
• Be able to provide transportation for student to and from school, or busing provided by the local school district.
Be a Host Family
We want to provide a suitable homestay for all our incoming international students during their study in America so they can focus on their study. Our hosts are carefully selected to ensure that our students are placed in environments that are not only safe and comfortable but also warm and welcoming. We work closely with the school we placed, host we chose, your family, and our supportive local coordinator will be around during your academic year.
Benefits for AVINS students
• National criminal background checks from AVINS hosts
• Homestay management and support service throughout the entire homestay experience
• All students are covered with Medical Insurance
• Monthly home visiting and report sent to student parents
• Student support service including airport pickup, school transfer, and tutoring service
• Online training and orientation for host and students
• Emergency support for critical incident
• Travel or trip arrangement